Participating both on-the-water and ashore with fellow members who are skilled in boating is a rewarding and enjoyable experience. On-the-water activities include cruises, rendezvous, sail races, navigation contests and fishing derbies. Activities ashore include meetings with marine programs, parties, dinner-dances, picnics and field trips.
Events This Month
- 10http://www.lsps.us/event/may-dinner-meeting/6:30 pm-8:30 pm05/10/2018Knights of Columbus4417 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY 40222
Social and Cash Bar: Start at 6:30
Dinner: Served at 7:00 – Salad, turkey & dressing, ham slices, potato au gratin, green beans, assorted desserts, coffee/tea/water
Program: The Louisville Metro Police Department River Patrol will be our guests! Come hear how the River Patrol monitors the Ohio River and responds to emergencies. The LMPD River Patrol works with other emergency groups to perform rescues and even fight fires when needed. They will share some of the challenges they face and the things they enjoy about their jobs. Bring your questions and let them know you appreciate the job they do!
Make Reservations Now:
- 18http://www.lsps.us/event/creasey-mahan-country-fair-fun-for-a-great-cause/6:00 pm-10:00 pm05/18/2018Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve12501 Harmony Landing Rd, Louisville, KY
Calling all adults! Come to the fair! The 2nd annual Creasey Country Fair is an event to raise funds for the ADA-accessible Forest Friends Playground at Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve. Phase one was installed in 2017 and we are raising funds to install the next phase! The playground is always open and free to the community. The children who will benefit from this playground and some of the same kids that participate in Adventure Camp in the Spring and Fall each year.
There will be:
- Live music – amazing five person country band led by Nashville recording artist Matt Smith
- Yummy food
- Cash bar
- Silent auction
- Live auction
- Bourbon/wine/spirits pull
- Local art for sale by Amy Parks
- “Horse races” with “celebrity jockeys”
Casual and comfortable country attire (cowboy boots would be perfect) recommended, as the venue is an indoor riding arena and the barn floor is sand. Located at Safe Harbor Stables across from Hermitage Farms at 10301 W Highway 42, in Goshen.
Kick up your heels and have a great time for a great cause!
ADVANCE TICKETS – $25/person (Over 21 years of age)
Limited ticket sales at the door – $30/person (Over 21 years of age)
For more information, call 502-228-4362 or email Info@KYNaturePreserve.org
- 19http://www.lsps.us/event/safe-boating-week-kickoff-and-hcboa-nautical-yard-sale/9:00 am-2:00 pm05/19/2018Limestone Bay Yacht Club5801 River Rd, Prospect, KY 40059
It is finally here! SUMMER AND BOATING SEASON!!!!
Come to Limestone Marina and join us and the Harrods Creek Boat Owners Association at their annual “Nautical Yard Sale.” There is no charge for setting up a booth to sell those valuable items you have laying around. And enjoy the excitement of browsing other booths to find the treasures that you have been looking for!
Bearno’s will be serving breakfast items and beverages (including ‘adult’ beverages)!