Save the Date!
December 5, 2019
Christmas Party and Dinner Meeting
Events This Month
- 05http://www.lsps.us/event/christmas-partydinner-meeting-3-2/6:30 pm-8:30 pm12/05/2019Knights of Columbus4417 Upper River Rd, Louisville, KY 40222
Menu: Salad, turkey & dressing, ham, potato au gratin, green beans, assorted desserts, coffee/tea
Social starting at 6:15
Dinner served at 7:00 PM
Cost (includes meal, game and door prizes: $20.00 per person
Program: Games (with “valuable” prizes), music, and fellowship! Come enjoy an evening with your friends!
We will also be taking up donations for the Center for Women and Families – many who have to leave an abusive situation without taking any of their personal belongings. The Center’s website has a list of items that they need the most. Here is the list – bring one, two or a few items to donate to those who have very little this season.
DONATING TO THE CENTER
Many of our clients depend on donations of clothes, toiletries, and other personal items as they often flee violent situations without the ability to bring belongings with them. Listed below are the types of items we accept on behalf of our clients.To ensure optimal hygiene, safety, and comfort, we ask that all donated items be new and unused.
Needed Items – Louisville location (all donations will be delivered to the Louisville location unless specifically marked for Indiana – see below)
- BABY: Disposable Diapers (all sizes) · Wipes · Diaper bags · Baby monitors
- CHILDREN: Backpacks · School supplies
- CLEANING: Laundry detergent pods · Clorox wipes · Misc cleaning supplies · Laundry bags/baskets
- CLOTHING: Sweat pants/shirts · T-shirts · Socks · Shoes · Underwear · Scrubs · Yoga pants · Pajama bottoms · Light jackets/zip-up sweaters Bras/sports bras · Baby/toddler/children clothing
- DINING: Plastic cups · Plates · Bowls · Utensils (forks, knives, spoons)
- HEALTH: Cough and cold medicine · Antacids · First aid supplies · Allergy medication
- HYGIENE: Shampoo · Conditioner · Deodorant · Body lotion · Combs/ hair brushes · Tampons/sanitary pads · Razors · Shaving cream Dental floss
- LINEN: Twin and full sheets · Pillows · Pillowcases · Blankets (twin and full size) · Bath towels · Wash cloths
- OTHER: Flash drives · Ponchos · Batteries · Alarm clocks · TARC bus passes · Luggage · Storage bins · Duffel bags
Needed Items – Southern Indiana Campus (Please mark your Indiana specific donations with “Indiana” so we can get to the correct location.)
- BABY: Disposable Diapers (sizes 5 and 6)
- CLOTHING: Small/medium size women’s underwear · Small/medium size women’s sweats, T-shirts, yoga pants · Adult socks (solid colors)
- DINING: Dishware, including forks, knives, spoons, etc
- HYGIENE: Liquid body wash · Loofahs · Hair care products
We accept cash donations (checks made payable to The Center, or online via Visa or Mastercard) and gift cards to Target, Walmart, Meijer, Visa, Mastercard, Kroger, and American Express. Monetary donations provide us the flexibility to purchase the items most needed by our clients.