No passage need be lonely with Amateur Radio. You will have friends all around the world who will enjoy the cruise with you via amateur radio communications.
Why Do I Want Ham Radio on my Boat?
- Weather Nets
- Emergency Communications
- Low cost
- Flexible use on a wide number of frequencies
- Multi – Mode
- Maritime Nets give support to the Mariner
- Medical help – Mechanical assistance
- Keep in touch with family and friends.
- Routing—filing of float plans
- Email and digital communications. WinLink provides world wide communication by linking distant radios via the internet
- APRS—Automatic Position Reporting System lets others follow your position via the internet
Licensed LSPS Members
- Dennis Lorenz, KI4KPD
- Jack Banister, K9IGC
- Bruce Haskell, WD4MLM
- Tom Smith, KY4EYL