USPS and LSPS members enjoy many affordable and comprehensive programs that increase their boating knowledge and skills, have more fun, and connect with fellow boaters through a variety of educational and social activities. With membership, you receive:
- Boating education to help you become a more competent and safer boater
- A wide variety of comprehensive courses and informative seminars to advance your skill and knowledge in boat operation and maintenance
- Savings of 20% to 50% or more on these courses and seminars
- Flexibility in scheduling your education through classroom instruction, on-line courses, and on-the-water skills training
- Interaction with a group of experienced boaters who know how to have fun – raft-ups, cruises, picnics, and get-togethers
- Savings on boat insurance and many other products and services
The only requirements for membership are a keen interest in boating related activities and an eagerness to meet like-minded people. You don’t need a boat to join.
Our benefit package is growing rapidly. The following are structured to the USPS MEMBER, and can only be obtained by a person with a current membership card. Below is an overview of benefits.
- Free Education
- Tax deduction on dues and some travel expenses
- GPS for Mariners
- Discounts on computer software and hardware
- Major boat insurance discounts
- Airline and car rental discounts
- Reduced membership dues with Boat US and all their programs
- Bank (1) One affinity credit card with reduced interest charges
- USPS Port Captains
- West Marine and Boat US discounts (and soon a $20.00 West Marine gift certificate)
- Liaison with governmental agencies
- Discounted rates with SEA TOW and Vessel Assist
- 40% discount for SOUNDINGS® Magazine
- The ENSIGN® Magazine (11 issues per year)
- Discounts with MapTech
- Discounts with Nobeltec
- 10% Discount with DELL Computers
- Infocus Projector Discount
- Make life time friends
For more information on each of these benefits and joining as a member visit our national web site.
To become a member of the US Power and Sail Squadrons it is recommended that you pass a proctored safety exam recognized by a state or national organization. We offer “America’s Boating Course”. We do have the books for sale at $50. They are an easy study, with review questions at the end of each of the sections. The ABC Exam consists of 50 similar questions, and can be completed in 30 minutes or less. We usually teach the course on 4 nights for 2 hours a night including the test, but home study is quite possible. If you are interested in getting started on the ABC course please contact us. After testing at a mutually agreeable location, we will be glad to welcome you into the Louisville Squadron of the United States Power Squadron.